Oh, come in

It is an honor to have you. The contents for this blog are from my personal experiences. Sometimes I will write about being bipolar and sometimes I won't.


Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Crying and Driving

On our recent trip to Austin, TX my man and I had the opportunity to talk. I mean really talk. The radio was turned off and so I started my confession to him that I knew I have not been holding up my end the relationship. I do not keep a clean home and I do not put our needs above those of our family and friends. I cancel my plans at home constantly to aid my family or friends with their needs. If I don't I feel stressed....as if I am letting them down. But in all honesty I am letting myself down and my man down every time I neglect my duties at home. It was excusable for a while because my Bipolar symptoms were on the forefront but now that they have calmed down I am just in the habit of not doing my chores.

So now that we are back home I am making it a priority to attend to the house two hours every day until it is in order then it will just be upkeep with dusting, laundry, and dishes....oh and the floors and dogs. I have a full time job at home and it is time I started earning the home I live in.

But this revelation came about while we were driving and talking which brought me to tears because I felt so bad for putting everything else above my, Patrick's, and the home's needs. I am sure many of you can relate to this and I would love to hear how you manage to keep your homes in order through the chaos of mental illness and the juggling of life!


10 comments:

  1. I am TERRIBLE at house cleaning. TERRIBLE. And at my lowest points I just haven't done it. But, when I am feeling better, I do it in 10 minute segments. Literally set the timer on the microwave for 10 minutes, pick a room, and clean away. On the days that I don't work, that's 30 minutes total. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it makes a big difference. I also have 3 kids, and we do 5 minute marathon sessions on the weekends. Again, doesn't sound like much, but 5 people cleaning for 5 minutes is like me cleaning for 25! My dr suggested that one, and it has worked really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. 10 minutes I can do no problem. Though now I wish I had your 5 kids but just for the 5 minute cleaning. You could have them back directly after. lol

      Delete
  2. Hey! It's been a really long time- sorry for being MIA. A lot has happened in the last year+ some...

    I'm proud of you for admitting that you don't think you're pulling your weight in the relationship. I'm even more proud to see you making a goal for yourself to fix that :)

    You've been doing awesome!
    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa, I have missed you. I feel awesome these days

      Delete
  3. Hi Pink,

    i think i can understand some of what you feel . i have been spending many months on the other side of the country from my husband and son, helping take care of my mom and although my husband understands the situation and has even been here with our son for the past week and a half, i feel soooo torn, between the two places....my mom definately needs me, but what about my family?

    Thanks for listening, i love your blog, tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to balance our lives when our families are in such great need. I think you are doing a very noble thing and to help put things in perspective you may want to imagine this.....In the end will you regret not being there for your mom? And also, will your family see your regret and feel regret with you? Does that make sense. It is a hard line to walk and I hope you make it through in stride. My heart goes out to you Tracy.

      Delete
  4. Hello Pink,

    Thank you for responding to my siuation....i think you understand it better than do! Anyhow, i appeeciate your words of wisdom and will definately take them in to account. It seems at this point, i will be here at least another few months , which is okay with me.

    Thank you so very much, your blog is begining to be one if my very favotires!

    Love, tracy. PS i hope things are going good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you responded because I thought of some other things to remind yourself of. Your mom deserves the care she bestowed on you as a child. I would be at my mom's side if she were going downhill healthwise. But it is good your husband and son keep visiting you during this time. Because once you are back home you will have to readjust to your family unit. But appreciate this time with your mom. I couldn't imagine life without mine. My dad passed when I was 18 and I don't want to lose another parent anytime soon.

      Delete
  5. Sup, A-dawg?

    Preaching to the housewife here. I tell myself to worry about one room at a time. Straightening is my biggest problem. So if I'm cleaning the bedroom, everything that goes elsewhere, I just throw it in the hall. I don't worry about going to put it up. Just focus on that one room. Am I following my own advice trying to unpack? Yea...no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!

      I love your advice. I am definitely going to start chunking things into the hallway. I have so much stuff in my bedroom that makes me angry to look at so I do nothing. Well, now I know what to do. It is mostly laundry that I leave around and dog stuff. Dear Lord above help me if I move my dogs' stuff to where they can't find it. OH and the stuffed toys people gave me when I got my pit bull pup are now in fluffs of white all over the bedroom. Aaagghhh. (deep breath because I can do this)

      E-Dawg I hope your moving and unpacking goes by quickly. Unpacking is not a good skill of mine. Maybe I should just call Merry Maids?

      Delete

What is on your mind?