Oh, come in

It is an honor to have you. The contents for this blog are from my personal experiences. Sometimes I will write about being bipolar and sometimes I won't.


Wednesday, September 11, 2013

9-11-2001 and 11-09-2000

As the US remembers 9-11 I am emotionally charged. I am reminded of a very confused and desperate time for myself. Yes, I recall the day the twin towers fell and I did watch the news and feel the horror. But more so I felt utter despair. You see it was almost the one year anniversary of my father's untimely death then 9-11 happens and then I went nuts. I couldn't do my college classes anymore. I think anyone else would have done the same.

But now, 12 years later I am just coming out of that funk. I didn't realize it took that long to get over trauma. Though you never fully get over it. Today freaked me out so I had to recall what exact day my dad died. I went through the closets at 7am rummaging through bagged photo albums I never look at and found his funeral record. Whew....I feel better knowing the exact date.

I see my psychiatrist Monday....that is a good thing.

2 comments:

  1. Remember my love, time does not heal the open wounds of traumatic events. It is what you do in that time that makes a difference. You have made more progress in the past 4 years than you had in the previous 10. At this time... you are moving mountains to, not just treat the bipolar, but also to understand yourself more. Looking into yourself and finding answers to questions you have always had and reasons for your behavior and way of thinking... You are amazing. I'm sure your dad is proud of you. Love you, Doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Jessi. :'-) It feels like I am coming out of a fog again. You know the kind that covers you when something bad happens and blankets you and your thinking. It is crazy all that I am realizing now that I am safe and surrounded by love. Like I am ready to face the hard memories that need to be filtered through. I still am not going through the boxes in my house solo. Too many memories to deal with alone. I know you got my back on that ;-).

      Delete

What is on your mind?