Oh, come in

It is an honor to have you. The contents for this blog are from my personal experiences. Sometimes I will write about being bipolar and sometimes I won't.


Monday, December 9, 2013

Someone Turn the Light On

Forgive me for being sparse with post lately but I have been .... well compounded with two depressions. One is my Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Depression while the other is me having really bad menstrual depressions. Plus i am Bipolar so it is just not fun to be in my mind right now.

I desperately need some advice. I would usually Google and read journals online myself but my energy is tapped.

See I saw my psych today and she increased my AP and suggested I get a Light Therapy Box for treatment of S.A.D.. There are two different types of lights as I understand and one is for people with skin problems while the other is used for what I need which is the winter time or seasonal depression. She said they range in price from $40-$400, come in different strengths of LUX? or LUV?, and different companies.

Does anyone out there in Blogger world have any experience with these SAD lamps or know someone who does? Does anyone know if insurance would cover it or is it tax deductible? I just have no clue.

Thank you ahead of time for commenting I really do appreciate any advice.

4 comments:

  1. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about light boxes, but I hope you're able to get one for fairly cheap, and that it will be able to help you out.

    Thinking of you, and hope that you're able to get the help that you need :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment Amanda. I should be able to fit one into the budget soon. Till then I pray for a lot of sunshine. ;-) I hope you are well girl.

      Delete
  2. Oh honey, I'm so sorry that you are so down :( I found a couple of articles that might help. I'm not sure if insurance would cover one or not, as I don't know what type of insurance you have. The best I can say on that is to call them and ask, if they do cover them you will need a script from your doc for it. Here are the article links, I wish you the very best and hope you get to feeling better soon. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/seasonal-affective-disorder-treatment/DN00013 http://lifehacker.com/5122849/make-your-own-sad-light-box

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow LLL, thank you so much for the links. The Mayo Clinic one was very interesting and it seems there needs to be a certain kind of light bulb that is used to create a light that simulates the sun. Or maybe they just say that to make you buy a premade SAD lamp. lol.

      Delete

What is on your mind?